Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Somersworth man, teens arrested at underage party Saturday evening
Jeffrey Elliott, 49, of 21 Second St., was charged with facilitating an underage drinking party, obstructing government administration, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
Police responded to the residence around 8:20 p.m. after receiving a report from a concerned citizen who heard loud music and spotted the teens outside the home.
"It was an underage get together facilitated by an adult," Timmons said, adding officers found up to 15 teens – ranging in age from 14 to 18 – at the home.
As a result, Timmons said eight teens were charged with possessing alcohol – either in containers or after allegedly consuming it. He added officers noticed distinctive tells within the eyes, motor functions, speech or mannerisms of some of the partygoers.
"It's very similar to a DWI initial contact," Timmons said, adding the teens were released to responsible adults from the scene.
Timmons said one officer injured himself by slipping on the ice while restraining a large 14-year-old. He added the officer, who was transported to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover, is expected to be assigned to light duty while he recovers.
A couple months ago, Timmons said police responded to another underage drinking party, which was also facilitated by an adult. He added while some people may be motivated to hold a party for good reasons, it remains a criminal act if juveniles are allowed to consume alcohol.
"Typically this can happen anytime of the year," Timmons said.
Elliot, who was released on $2,500 personal recognizance, is scheduled to appear in 7th Circuit Court in Dover April 11.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 0
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483