Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
UNH art history professor arrested for assaulting woman with cane
Police allege that David Smith, 67, of 27 Elm St., Newmarket, hit a female, live-in acquaintance with a cane.
The woman reported the alleged assault to police around 11:45 p.m. on Saturday night and Smith was arrested shortly thereafter, Newmarket Police Lt. Kyle True said on Tuesday.
Smith was released on $1,500 personal recognizance bail and is scheduled to appear in the 10th Circuit Court, Brentwood division, on May 7 for arraignment.
As a condition of bail he is to have no contact with the victim.
Smith is a professor of art history at UNH, according to the university;s website. Smith also identified himself to police as a UNH professor during the booking process, True said.
He said it is the first contact the department has had with Smith.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH fugitive sought for a year found in Detroit - 0
- Former AG hired to investigate UNH's actions over alleged locker-room photography - 0
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
- Total Votes: 917