Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Raymond recount changes one race
Jack Barnes had originally been declared the winner of a seat on the ethics committee with 34 votes, beating Cheryl Killam, who received 33 votes in initial counting.
After the recount, Killam came out the winner with 37 votes. Barnes received 35.
Both were write-in candidates.
A recount was also held on article 22, a citizens' petition warrant article that requested $18,000 to repaint the town's historic Depot.
Although the recount changed the number of votes, it did not change the outcome. The article lost by five votes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Bail set at $20,000 for Holiday Inn Express robbery suspect - 0
- Deering couple arrested in violent beating, kidnapping of Bennington woman - 1
- Nashua driver rejects plea deal in hit-and-run negligent homicide case - 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 13
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- After flap over 'racist' comment, no call for Lincoln planner to resign from board - 13
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 5
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 1
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance