Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Raymond recount changes one race
Jack Barnes had originally been declared the winner of a seat on the ethics committee with 34 votes, beating Cheryl Killam, who received 33 votes in initial counting.
After the recount, Killam came out the winner with 37 votes. Barnes received 35.
Both were write-in candidates.
A recount was also held on article 22, a citizens' petition warrant article that requested $18,000 to repaint the town's historic Depot.
Although the recount changed the number of votes, it did not change the outcome. The article lost by five votes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
- Heat cruise past Celtics, snap losing skid - 0
- More airstrikes target Pakistani Taliban militants - 0
- President Obama says Sony hack not an act of war - 0
- All safe following early-morning Manchester blaze on West Side - 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
A new era for Nashua's police force
UNH loses to Illinois State
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'