Home » News » Public Safety
Well, that stinks: Man takes tumbles into Brentwood pit of sewage
"We had to clean him up the best we could," Fire Chief Kevin Lemoine said.
The man, who works for Stewart's Septic Service, accidentally fell into the sewage shortly after 3 p.m., Lemoine said.
Jude Gates, the county's director of facilities, said the pump house is located in front of the Rockingham County jail on North Road and manages sewage from the jail and the Rockingham County Nursing Home.
The facility is used to pump sewage to the wastewater treatment plant.
"We've never had any problems there before," she said.
Lemoine's son Gary, a Brentwood firefighter and emergency medical technician who responded to the scene, said a coworker helped the man climb out of the sewage.
The worker was standing outside the pump house when Brentwood fire and rescue personnel arrived.
"He was in good spirits," said Gary Lemoine, adding that the man still had some sewage on his body.
He suffered minor injuries and was transported to Exeter Hospital where he was expected to be decontaminated by medical personnel.
"Once we got him to the hospital we had to decontaminate the ambulance and anything that got touched," he said.
Gary Lemoine said the man is lucky that he wasn't seriously hurt.
"It was an unusual call," Brentwood police Detective Randall Frotton said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?