Home » News » Public Safety
Well, that stinks: Man takes tumbles into Brentwood pit of sewage
"We had to clean him up the best we could," Fire Chief Kevin Lemoine said.
The man, who works for Stewart's Septic Service, accidentally fell into the sewage shortly after 3 p.m., Lemoine said.
Jude Gates, the county's director of facilities, said the pump house is located in front of the Rockingham County jail on North Road and manages sewage from the jail and the Rockingham County Nursing Home.
The facility is used to pump sewage to the wastewater treatment plant.
"We've never had any problems there before," she said.
Lemoine's son Gary, a Brentwood firefighter and emergency medical technician who responded to the scene, said a coworker helped the man climb out of the sewage.
The worker was standing outside the pump house when Brentwood fire and rescue personnel arrived.
"He was in good spirits," said Gary Lemoine, adding that the man still had some sewage on his body.
He suffered minor injuries and was transported to Exeter Hospital where he was expected to be decontaminated by medical personnel.
"Once we got him to the hospital we had to decontaminate the ambulance and anything that got touched," he said.
Gary Lemoine said the man is lucky that he wasn't seriously hurt.
"It was an unusual call," Brentwood police Detective Randall Frotton said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
- Claremont convent ravaged by fire to be razed - 0
- Hampton woman pulled from truck, in hospital after I-95 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Bruins shut out Wings
High School Volleyball results
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing