Home » News » Public Safety
Well, that stinks: Man takes tumbles into Brentwood pit of sewage
"We had to clean him up the best we could," Fire Chief Kevin Lemoine said.
The man, who works for Stewart's Septic Service, accidentally fell into the sewage shortly after 3 p.m., Lemoine said.
Jude Gates, the county's director of facilities, said the pump house is located in front of the Rockingham County jail on North Road and manages sewage from the jail and the Rockingham County Nursing Home.
The facility is used to pump sewage to the wastewater treatment plant.
"We've never had any problems there before," she said.
Lemoine's son Gary, a Brentwood firefighter and emergency medical technician who responded to the scene, said a coworker helped the man climb out of the sewage.
The worker was standing outside the pump house when Brentwood fire and rescue personnel arrived.
"He was in good spirits," said Gary Lemoine, adding that the man still had some sewage on his body.
He suffered minor injuries and was transported to Exeter Hospital where he was expected to be decontaminated by medical personnel.
"Once we got him to the hospital we had to decontaminate the ambulance and anything that got touched," he said.
Gary Lemoine said the man is lucky that he wasn't seriously hurt.
"It was an unusual call," Brentwood police Detective Randall Frotton said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072