Home » News » Public Safety
Well, that stinks: Man takes tumbles into Brentwood pit of sewage
"We had to clean him up the best we could," Fire Chief Kevin Lemoine said.
The man, who works for Stewart's Septic Service, accidentally fell into the sewage shortly after 3 p.m., Lemoine said.
Jude Gates, the county's director of facilities, said the pump house is located in front of the Rockingham County jail on North Road and manages sewage from the jail and the Rockingham County Nursing Home.
The facility is used to pump sewage to the wastewater treatment plant.
"We've never had any problems there before," she said.
Lemoine's son Gary, a Brentwood firefighter and emergency medical technician who responded to the scene, said a coworker helped the man climb out of the sewage.
The worker was standing outside the pump house when Brentwood fire and rescue personnel arrived.
"He was in good spirits," said Gary Lemoine, adding that the man still had some sewage on his body.
He suffered minor injuries and was transported to Exeter Hospital where he was expected to be decontaminated by medical personnel.
"Once we got him to the hospital we had to decontaminate the ambulance and anything that got touched," he said.
Gary Lemoine said the man is lucky that he wasn't seriously hurt.
"It was an unusual call," Brentwood police Detective Randall Frotton said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester woman suffers injuries in dragging incident - 0
- Judge orders fired Manchester officer back to jail to finish sentence - 4
- Claremont police dispatcher charged with sex assault and incest, placed on leave - 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform