Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
UNH professor faces simple assault charge in domestic dispute
Police allege David Smith, 67, of 27 Elm St., Newmarket, hit a female, live-in acquaintance with a cane.
The woman reported the alleged assault to police around 11:45 p.m. on Saturday night and Smith was arrested shortly thereafter, Newmarket Police Lt. Kyle True said Tuesday.
Smith was released on $1,500 personal recognizance bail and is scheduled to appear in the 10th Circuit Court, Brentwood division, on May 7, to be arraigned.
As a condition of bail he is to have no contact with the victim.
Smith is a professor of art history at UNH, according to the university's website. Smith also identified himself to police as a UNH professor during the booking process, True said.
He said it is the first contact the department has had with Smith.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 2
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 1
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man has excuse for missing court in Conway - he was in jail - 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Parking lot for new Hudson football field due to be paved - 0
- ACLU files federal suit to stop NH's 'ballot selfie' publishing law - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 2
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 4
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483