Shouts from the hall outside committee meeting, but no Manchester school superintendent announcement
Toward the end of the meeting, which adjourned about 10:15 p.m., shouts could be heard from the hallway outside the committee's meeting room. Board members refused to discuss the interviews or offer any hints as to who may replace Superintendent Thomas Brennan.
"The only thing we did out of non-public session was seal the minutes and adjourn," said Mayor Ted Gatsas, who serves as the chairman of the school committee.
"No comment," board member Roy Shoults said. Board member Christopher Stewart ignored reporters as he walked out of the room.
Each candidate was scheduled to go into the non-public session for an hour-long interview.
Just one of the candidates, Geoffrey Gordon, the retired superintendent of Port Washington, N.Y., was willing to speak to reporters.
"After two days of interviews here, I'm pretty tired," Gordon said with a laugh. The board members "were very fair and asked excellent questions."
Mark Toback, superintendent of schools in Hoboken, N.J., left his interview after about 25 minutes.
Vincent Cotter, the retired superintendent of Colonial, Pa., school district, refused to comment after an hour-long interview.
"Not at this time, thank you," Cotter said before leaving.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 1
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
- From Russia, with love of numbers at Nashua school - 0
- Great Bay Community College 'boot camp' trains students in precision manufacturing - 0
- Cyber defense competition coming to University of New Hampshire - 0
- Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal