Shouts from the hall outside committee meeting, but no Manchester school superintendent announcement
Toward the end of the meeting, which adjourned about 10:15 p.m., shouts could be heard from the hallway outside the committee's meeting room. Board members refused to discuss the interviews or offer any hints as to who may replace Superintendent Thomas Brennan.
"The only thing we did out of non-public session was seal the minutes and adjourn," said Mayor Ted Gatsas, who serves as the chairman of the school committee.
"No comment," board member Roy Shoults said. Board member Christopher Stewart ignored reporters as he walked out of the room.
Each candidate was scheduled to go into the non-public session for an hour-long interview.
Just one of the candidates, Geoffrey Gordon, the retired superintendent of Port Washington, N.Y., was willing to speak to reporters.
"After two days of interviews here, I'm pretty tired," Gordon said with a laugh. The board members "were very fair and asked excellent questions."
Mark Toback, superintendent of schools in Hoboken, N.J., left his interview after about 25 minutes.
Vincent Cotter, the retired superintendent of Colonial, Pa., school district, refused to comment after an hour-long interview.
"Not at this time, thank you," Cotter said before leaving.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Simon: If Hillary represents an Obama third term, she is doomed - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Parvo scare could be detrimental to puppy training, despite slim risk - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 28
- John Stossel: The other green monster - 1
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 3
- Jonah Goldberg: If the Islamic State is not evil, then what is? - 4
- George Will: Will we build the Navy we need? - 2
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
- Boston Red Sox limited to one hit in loss to Tampa Bay, 7-0 - 0
- Donald Trump to headline 1st Amendment event in NH - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Drivers education to science, meeting all about the kids - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America
Amnesty? Garcia is against it