Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Laconia restaurant
Fire Lt. Chris Shipp said a box alarm in the restaurant alerted firefighters to the blaze at 3:10 a.m., and two minutes later a police officer confirmed the restaurant fire.
The early notification, Shipp said, meant firefighters were on the scene by 3:15 a.m. When crews arrived, they could see flames on the first floor and on the roof of the 60-by-50-foot building.
Fire crews had the blaze under control by 3:50 a.m. No one was inside the restaurant at the time of the fire and no one was injured.
Shipp said investigators have not determined how the fire started, but he said the kitchen was heavily damaged in the one-alarm blaze. He said the building was not destroyed, and he expects the restaurant could be reopened after extensive repairs.
Platoon 5 from the central fire station was first on the scene, followed by fire crews from the Weirs station. All off-duty personnel were called in as was mutual aid from Gilford. Belmont firefighters and Stewart's Ambulance covered the central station, while Meredith firefighters provided coverage for the Weirs station.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072