Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Laconia restaurant
Fire Lt. Chris Shipp said a box alarm in the restaurant alerted firefighters to the blaze at 3:10 a.m., and two minutes later a police officer confirmed the restaurant fire.
The early notification, Shipp said, meant firefighters were on the scene by 3:15 a.m. When crews arrived, they could see flames on the first floor and on the roof of the 60-by-50-foot building.
Fire crews had the blaze under control by 3:50 a.m. No one was inside the restaurant at the time of the fire and no one was injured.
Shipp said investigators have not determined how the fire started, but he said the kitchen was heavily damaged in the one-alarm blaze. He said the building was not destroyed, and he expects the restaurant could be reopened after extensive repairs.
Platoon 5 from the central fire station was first on the scene, followed by fire crews from the Weirs station. All off-duty personnel were called in as was mutual aid from Gilford. Belmont firefighters and Stewart's Ambulance covered the central station, while Meredith firefighters provided coverage for the Weirs station.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 2
- Fire rips through Rochester industrial complex - 0
- Report due soon on alleged abuse at neuro-rehab centers - 0
- Five state police cruisers among many accidents due to storm - 0
- Person found dead in Manchester alley - 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins - 0
- Dowd's goal wins for Manchester - 0
- John Habib's City Sports:'Moment' is here: Derryfield CC renovation begins - 0
- Driver charged with DWI after mayhem on I-293 - 0
- Department of Employment Security sends confidential ID info to wrong firms - 0
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 0
- Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding - 0
- Hot deals, warm shoppers - 0
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding
Day Three in the dark for many in NH
Derry holiday parade to be held today
Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins