Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Laconia restaurant
Fire Lt. Chris Shipp said a box alarm in the restaurant alerted firefighters to the blaze at 3:10 a.m., and two minutes later a police officer confirmed the restaurant fire.
The early notification, Shipp said, meant firefighters were on the scene by 3:15 a.m. When crews arrived, they could see flames on the first floor and on the roof of the 60-by-50-foot building.
Fire crews had the blaze under control by 3:50 a.m. No one was inside the restaurant at the time of the fire and no one was injured.
Shipp said investigators have not determined how the fire started, but he said the kitchen was heavily damaged in the one-alarm blaze. He said the building was not destroyed, and he expects the restaurant could be reopened after extensive repairs.
Platoon 5 from the central fire station was first on the scene, followed by fire crews from the Weirs station. All off-duty personnel were called in as was mutual aid from Gilford. Belmont firefighters and Stewart's Ambulance covered the central station, while Meredith firefighters provided coverage for the Weirs station.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon' - 1
- Sheriff, chief question Shaheen’s recent vote on controversial Obama nominee - 0
- Low turnout seen in early Lakes Region polling - 0
- Goffstown residents slow to vote so far - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Milton residents considering big issues at the polls Tuesday - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Voting is not just for adults in Windham - 0
- Voter turnout is low but steady in Bedford - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus