Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Laconia restaurant
Fire Lt. Chris Shipp said a box alarm in the restaurant alerted firefighters to the blaze at 3:10 a.m., and two minutes later a police officer confirmed the restaurant fire.
The early notification, Shipp said, meant firefighters were on the scene by 3:15 a.m. When crews arrived, they could see flames on the first floor and on the roof of the 60-by-50-foot building.
Fire crews had the blaze under control by 3:50 a.m. No one was inside the restaurant at the time of the fire and no one was injured.
Shipp said investigators have not determined how the fire started, but he said the kitchen was heavily damaged in the one-alarm blaze. He said the building was not destroyed, and he expects the restaurant could be reopened after extensive repairs.
Platoon 5 from the central fire station was first on the scene, followed by fire crews from the Weirs station. All off-duty personnel were called in as was mutual aid from Gilford. Belmont firefighters and Stewart's Ambulance covered the central station, while Meredith firefighters provided coverage for the Weirs station.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: North beats Memorial, advances in hockey tourney - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Campbell, Bergeon roll into quarterfinals - 0
- Rask stops 16 shots as B's blank Caps - 0
- Several union deals on Windham ballots - 0
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 0
- Londonderry set to vote on school repairs - 0
- Danville police chief's challenger says department in dire shape - 0
House votes for cellphone ban while driving