Snow season still strong
Snow season still going strong in northern NH
Just few miles from Conway Village, there's plenty of soft snow left on the Nanamocomuck Ski Trail. (SARA YOUNG-KNOX PHOTO)
Shea, 27, was ready to go through the bridge to the Lower Nanamocomuck Trail, something that was not possible a year ago at this time. By late March 2012 the mercury had already hit 80 degrees in the White Mountains, and what little snow there had been was long gone.
This year's unseasonably cool March weather, combined with the late winter and early spring storms, has stretched out the season for winter outdoor activities in the White Mountains and farther north.
"It's been a good winter," Shea said as he finished applying klister - the soft, sticky ski wax used for icy, slushy or wet conditions - on his skis. "Last winter you didn't even have to shovel," he added.
The snow in the woods and trails is good news for those who enjoy spring skiing and snowmobiling.
"The past few months of March (in recent years) have not brought much natural snowfall, but this year is certainly making up for that. The stage is now set for an awesome spring skiing season, which really makes the deals on lift tickets and season passes that much more valuable to our guests," Karl Stone, Ski NH's marketing director, said recently.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Author uses music to teach kids the art of storytelling - 0
- Heritage Day contest in Errol is a cut above - 0
- Cher's Manchester concert postponed for 2nd time - 0
- Make Blaze Orange Your Fall Fashion Statement - 0
- Senior News: Donation made to help Families First expand dental care for seniors - 0
- Thousands gather for Marlborough's annual town-wide celebration - 0
- Kids, seniors complete in inaugural DeMar races in Keene over weekend - 0
- Hudson girl and her family continue race against time - 0
- Free Outdoor Adventure Talk – Hunting Dominant Bucks - 0
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Missing moose, ancient glaciers and firewood
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
Planned Parenthood endorses Hassan