Snow season still strong
Snow season still going strong in northern NH
Just few miles from Conway Village, there's plenty of soft snow left on the Nanamocomuck Ski Trail. (SARA YOUNG-KNOX PHOTO)
Shea, 27, was ready to go through the bridge to the Lower Nanamocomuck Trail, something that was not possible a year ago at this time. By late March 2012 the mercury had already hit 80 degrees in the White Mountains, and what little snow there had been was long gone.
This year's unseasonably cool March weather, combined with the late winter and early spring storms, has stretched out the season for winter outdoor activities in the White Mountains and farther north.
"It's been a good winter," Shea said as he finished applying klister - the soft, sticky ski wax used for icy, slushy or wet conditions - on his skis. "Last winter you didn't even have to shovel," he added.
The snow in the woods and trails is good news for those who enjoy spring skiing and snowmobiling.
"The past few months of March (in recent years) have not brought much natural snowfall, but this year is certainly making up for that. The stage is now set for an awesome spring skiing season, which really makes the deals on lift tickets and season passes that much more valuable to our guests," Karl Stone, Ski NH's marketing director, said recently.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alice Cooper 'Raise The Dead – Live From Wacken' DVD out October 21 in North America via UDR Music - 0
- Joan Osborne & The Weight: Members of The Band in Plymouth next weekend - 0
- Signature Chefs Auction® Honors Manchester's Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield - 0
- Five Finger Death Punch co-headlining Fall arena tour with Volbeat kicks off today, hits Lowell September 26 - 0
- Win tickets to see Kip Moore - 0
- Win tickets to see Demi Lovato - 0
- Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio - 0
- Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads - 0
- Win tickets to see Tower of Power - 0
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children