Home » News » Politics » State House Dome
Snow season still strong
Snow season still going strong in northern NH
Just few miles from Conway Village, there's plenty of soft snow left on the Nanamocomuck Ski Trail. (SARA YOUNG-KNOX PHOTO)
Shea, 27, was ready to go through the bridge to the Lower Nanamocomuck Trail, something that was not possible a year ago at this time. By late March 2012 the mercury had already hit 80 degrees in the White Mountains, and what little snow there had been was long gone.
This year's unseasonably cool March weather, combined with the late winter and early spring storms, has stretched out the season for winter outdoor activities in the White Mountains and farther north.
"It's been a good winter," Shea said as he finished applying klister - the soft, sticky ski wax used for icy, slushy or wet conditions - on his skis. "Last winter you didn't even have to shovel," he added.
The snow in the woods and trails is good news for those who enjoy spring skiing and snowmobiling.
"The past few months of March (in recent years) have not brought much natural snowfall, but this year is certainly making up for that. The stage is now set for an awesome spring skiing season, which really makes the deals on lift tickets and season passes that much more valuable to our guests," Karl Stone, Ski NH's marketing director, said recently.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Perkins retiring from Jackson Ski Touring Foundation - 0
- Earth Day events sprouting up in Milton this week - 0
- AHEAD program hits $50K mark for housing initiative - 0
- Hooksett voters sound off on rejected Pinkerton contract - 0
- Cannon closes out season with 46 trails open - 0
- Concert, auction will benefit Center for Life Management - 0
- Hudson heart disease survivor engages guests at NH Heart Ball - 0
- Radio station finds a home at Bethlehem's Colonial Theatre - 0
- John Harrigan -- Deer, coyotes, ravens: Emerging signs of spring - 0
Win tickets to see Comedian Mike Birbiglia!
Cannon closes out season with 46 trails open
Win tickets to see The Monkees!
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
Havenstein’s abortion stance scrutinized
Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester