Home » News » Public Safety
Fired Manchester officer charged in Bedford hit and run to see pension
Pensions continue under the New Hampshire Retirement System, even if a member is arrested and convicted of a crime, said system spokesman Marty Karlon.
But other benefits aren't available. Because Coco didn't retire from his job, he won't be eligible for benefits such as a medical subsidy or survior benefit, Karlon said.
And he will have to wait to get his pension. Coco is 41; no one is eligible for pension benefits until the age of 45, Karlon said.
He had been with the city for 17 years and 8 months before his termination on Monday. Based on his departing annual salary of $84,000, Coco's pension will amount to about $37,100 a year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test