Home » News » Public Safety
Fired Manchester officer charged in Bedford hit and run to see pension
Pensions continue under the New Hampshire Retirement System, even if a member is arrested and convicted of a crime, said system spokesman Marty Karlon.
But other benefits aren't available. Because Coco didn't retire from his job, he won't be eligible for benefits such as a medical subsidy or survior benefit, Karlon said.
And he will have to wait to get his pension. Coco is 41; no one is eligible for pension benefits until the age of 45, Karlon said.
He had been with the city for 17 years and 8 months before his termination on Monday. Based on his departing annual salary of $84,000, Coco's pension will amount to about $37,100 a year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'