Helicopter egg drop set for Easter Sunday
It is the fourth year Next Level Church has hosted the Helicopter Egg Drop and the third year it has kept the locations secret until the day of the event.
The simultaneous egg drops will be held near Next Level Churches in Newington, Epping and Portland, Maine, about 30 minutes after services end. Admission is free, but children will only receive a ticket to the event when they attend that morning's services, where the secret drop location will be revealed.
The first year Next Level hosted the event, about 3,000 people registered but close to 12,000 people showed up.
"It was a great event, but we wanted to make sure that going forward there were no concerns for anybody," executive pastor Daniel King said.
"If we don't have a secret location, people will show up that didn't sign up," he added.
King said church officials have been asked many times if the requirement to attend services that day is a "trick" to get people to go to church.
"It would be dishonest for us to say the idea isn't that we want people to know God cares about them and we want them to come to church, but it is not a manipulation or a trick," he said. "We really think that they'll like it, and the people who come really do like it," King said.
Last year's drops took place at the Hampton Airfield, Endicott Park in Danvers, Mass., and Payson Park in Portland, Maine.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
- Clergy to take Ash Wednesday to the streets today in Concord - 0
- Roman Catholic Bishop Libasci offers his message for Lent - 0
- ‘Son of God’ attracting the faithful and movie-lovers in NH - 0
- Seacoast churches offer program introducing Episcopal faith - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News Briefs - 0
- New Cardinal Gerald Lacroix thanks his mom and dad - 2
- NH family cheers newly installed Cardinal Lacroix - 1
- New cardinal surrounded by love from NH - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 6
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief