Helicopter egg drop set for Easter Sunday
It is the fourth year Next Level Church has hosted the Helicopter Egg Drop and the third year it has kept the locations secret until the day of the event.
The simultaneous egg drops will be held near Next Level Churches in Newington, Epping and Portland, Maine, about 30 minutes after services end. Admission is free, but children will only receive a ticket to the event when they attend that morning's services, where the secret drop location will be revealed.
The first year Next Level hosted the event, about 3,000 people registered but close to 12,000 people showed up.
"It was a great event, but we wanted to make sure that going forward there were no concerns for anybody," executive pastor Daniel King said.
"If we don't have a secret location, people will show up that didn't sign up," he added.
King said church officials have been asked many times if the requirement to attend services that day is a "trick" to get people to go to church.
"It would be dishonest for us to say the idea isn't that we want people to know God cares about them and we want them to come to church, but it is not a manipulation or a trick," he said. "We really think that they'll like it, and the people who come really do like it," King said.
Last year's drops took place at the Hampton Airfield, Endicott Park in Danvers, Mass., and Payson Park in Portland, Maine.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wheeler in Dist. 5: A GOP fighter for the little guy - 2
- GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help - 12
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 43
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 37
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 10
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 71
- Race and policing: America has a problem - 0
- Strength in faith: Gaining it from Jim Foley's family - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you