Helicopter egg drop set for Easter Sunday
It is the fourth year Next Level Church has hosted the Helicopter Egg Drop and the third year it has kept the locations secret until the day of the event.
The simultaneous egg drops will be held near Next Level Churches in Newington, Epping and Portland, Maine, about 30 minutes after services end. Admission is free, but children will only receive a ticket to the event when they attend that morning's services, where the secret drop location will be revealed.
The first year Next Level hosted the event, about 3,000 people registered but close to 12,000 people showed up.
"It was a great event, but we wanted to make sure that going forward there were no concerns for anybody," executive pastor Daniel King said.
"If we don't have a secret location, people will show up that didn't sign up," he added.
King said church officials have been asked many times if the requirement to attend services that day is a "trick" to get people to go to church.
"It would be dishonest for us to say the idea isn't that we want people to know God cares about them and we want them to come to church, but it is not a manipulation or a trick," he said. "We really think that they'll like it, and the people who come really do like it," King said.
Last year's drops took place at the Hampton Airfield, Endicott Park in Danvers, Mass., and Payson Park in Portland, Maine.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Knights of Columbus assists with Manchester church renovations - 0
- Religion calendar for NH, beginning Aug. 21 - 0
- St. Luke parish in Plaistow to hold yard sale - 0
- Manchester educator explores history of anti-semitism and the Holocaust - 0
- Hope Chapel Nashua plans a little fun on Saturday - 0
- Haitian choir sings in Hollis on Sunday - 0
- Religion Calender for the Weeks of Aug. 3 and 10 - 0
- St. James church celebrates Jonathan Daniels’ 75th birthday - 0
- Fox interview with Ibrahim delayed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three teens sent to area hospitals after crash on Blackwater Road at Rochester-Dover border - 0
- Neighborhood group presents award to Manchester police - 0
- Good Samaritans track down man accused of stealing purse - 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 2
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen