Helicopter egg drop set for Easter Sunday
It is the fourth year Next Level Church has hosted the Helicopter Egg Drop and the third year it has kept the locations secret until the day of the event.
The simultaneous egg drops will be held near Next Level Churches in Newington, Epping and Portland, Maine, about 30 minutes after services end. Admission is free, but children will only receive a ticket to the event when they attend that morning's services, where the secret drop location will be revealed.
The first year Next Level hosted the event, about 3,000 people registered but close to 12,000 people showed up.
"It was a great event, but we wanted to make sure that going forward there were no concerns for anybody," executive pastor Daniel King said.
"If we don't have a secret location, people will show up that didn't sign up," he added.
King said church officials have been asked many times if the requirement to attend services that day is a "trick" to get people to go to church.
"It would be dishonest for us to say the idea isn't that we want people to know God cares about them and we want them to come to church, but it is not a manipulation or a trick," he said. "We really think that they'll like it, and the people who come really do like it," King said.
Last year's drops took place at the Hampton Airfield, Endicott Park in Danvers, Mass., and Payson Park in Portland, Maine.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Is the Islamic State really un-Islamic? - 1
- George Will: Scotland's epic vote - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama's uncertain trumpet, again - 0
- Maureen McDonald: Ray Rice and the everyday problem of domestic violence - 1
- Another View -- Jason Bedrick: An important court victory for parents and taxpayers - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Mob rule economics is bad for everyone - 8
- George Will: Eviscerating the 1st Amendment is extremism - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 1
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children