Monarchs score a huge road win
Eight teams from each conference qualify for the upcoming Calder Cup playoffs, and the Monarchs, with 69 points, remain two points behind Hershey for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. The loss dropped Worcester six points off the pace.
Manchester's Martin Jones stopped 40 shots in goal, withstanding a 19-shot barrage by the Sharks in the final period.
The Monarchs jumped out to a 3-0 lead, with Vincent LoVerde scoring what stood up as the game-winner at 8:59 of the first period on assist from Anthony Stewart and Brian O'Neill. It was LoVerde's second goal of the year.
A power play goal 29 seconds into the second by David Kolomatis, his sixth, made it 2-0 and Brandon Kozun pushed it to a three-goal lead midway through the period with his 24th tally of the season.
The Monarchs are back on the road Friday at Portland, before getting a week off. They start April with five of their first six games at home at the Verizon Wireless Arena, starting with a Friday, April 5 matchup against the Pirates.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Once more, with even more feeling - 0
- NH College Roundup: Dartmouth basketball team rips Maine - 0
- Dartmouth hockey team tops Harvard for first victory - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Defense drives Wildcats' bus -- all the way to Orono - 1
- Men's Hockey: DeSmith posts shutout as Wildcats sweep Colorado College - 0
- College Football: Complete victory sees UNH move on in FCS playoffs - 1
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU falls in PAL/Stovepipe hockey play - 0
- NH College Notebook: Six SNHU men's soccer players named to All-East Region team - 0
- College Football: UNH overwhelms Lafayette in FCS first round - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 6
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'