Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Hollis man charged with stealing identity of soldier
Alberto Albearta-Gonzalez, 34, of 201 Silver Lake Road was arrested Thursday on one count of identity fraud.
Police opened an investigation Tuesday after they received a report from the Fort Riley, Kansas soldier. He told police someone in Hollis had used his name and Social Security number, allowing him to work and obtain credit.
Officer David Turgeon determined a man living in Hollis was using the soldier's name, had obtained a New Hampshire driver's license and had registered several vehicles.
About 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Turgeon stopped a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta, that was registered in the soldier's name, on Proctor Hill Road.
Police said the driver, Sabino Olguin Martinez, 45, also of 201 Silver Lake Road, was arrested because he did not have a valid driver's license. He was charged with operating a motor vehicle without a license and released on $500 personal recognizance bail.
Albearta-Gonzalez was arrested Thursday morning for identity fraud when he arrived at the police station to reclaim the Jetta.
Police said Albearta-Gonzalez, using the soldier's personal information, obtained numerous identity documents in his name, obtained lines of credit and created issues with the IRS by using the soldier's Social Security number.
He is being held without bail, based on a detainer issued by the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). He was arraigned Friday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
Olguin Martinez is to be arraigned April 17.
ICE continues to investigate the case.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483