Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Hollis man charged with stealing identity of soldier
Alberto Albearta-Gonzalez, 34, of 201 Silver Lake Road was arrested Thursday on one count of identity fraud.
Police opened an investigation Tuesday after they received a report from the Fort Riley, Kansas soldier. He told police someone in Hollis had used his name and Social Security number, allowing him to work and obtain credit.
Officer David Turgeon determined a man living in Hollis was using the soldier's name, had obtained a New Hampshire driver's license and had registered several vehicles.
About 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Turgeon stopped a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta, that was registered in the soldier's name, on Proctor Hill Road.
Police said the driver, Sabino Olguin Martinez, 45, also of 201 Silver Lake Road, was arrested because he did not have a valid driver's license. He was charged with operating a motor vehicle without a license and released on $500 personal recognizance bail.
Albearta-Gonzalez was arrested Thursday morning for identity fraud when he arrived at the police station to reclaim the Jetta.
Police said Albearta-Gonzalez, using the soldier's personal information, obtained numerous identity documents in his name, obtained lines of credit and created issues with the IRS by using the soldier's Social Security number.
He is being held without bail, based on a detainer issued by the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). He was arraigned Friday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
Olguin Martinez is to be arraigned April 17.
ICE continues to investigate the case.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 34
READER COMMENTS: 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424