Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Hollis man charged with stealing identity of soldier
Alberto Albearta-Gonzalez, 34, of 201 Silver Lake Road was arrested Thursday on one count of identity fraud.
Police opened an investigation Tuesday after they received a report from the Fort Riley, Kansas soldier. He told police someone in Hollis had used his name and Social Security number, allowing him to work and obtain credit.
Officer David Turgeon determined a man living in Hollis was using the soldier's name, had obtained a New Hampshire driver's license and had registered several vehicles.
About 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Turgeon stopped a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta, that was registered in the soldier's name, on Proctor Hill Road.
Police said the driver, Sabino Olguin Martinez, 45, also of 201 Silver Lake Road, was arrested because he did not have a valid driver's license. He was charged with operating a motor vehicle without a license and released on $500 personal recognizance bail.
Albearta-Gonzalez was arrested Thursday morning for identity fraud when he arrived at the police station to reclaim the Jetta.
Police said Albearta-Gonzalez, using the soldier's personal information, obtained numerous identity documents in his name, obtained lines of credit and created issues with the IRS by using the soldier's Social Security number.
He is being held without bail, based on a detainer issued by the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). He was arraigned Friday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
Olguin Martinez is to be arraigned April 17.
ICE continues to investigate the case.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council