Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Charged with police threats, Lee man waives arraignment
Steve Amazeen, 46, is now under the care and supervision of his brother, Shawn Amazeen, in Deerfield as a condition of his bail.
Bail was set Feb. 8 at $10,000 cash or corporate surety, which was posted, according to court records.
Amazeen is also being monitored by community corrections with a GPS device and is not allowed to leave the 13 Coffee Town Road address without his brother or a third-party designee approved by community corrections.
Amazeen was also ordered to have a mental health referral, refrain from the use of any alcohol or other drugs and is not to have any contact with any members of the Durham Police Department, which was involved in the case.
Numerous agencies responded to Steve Amazeen's home on Lee Hook Road on Dec. 3 just after midnight when his wife reported that he had fired a gun in their home and was possibly suicidal.
Officers encountered Amazeen on the road outside his home where he allegedly waved a handgun in front of at least seven uniformed officers, pointed it at least two officers and made threatening statements, according to court records.
Amazeen was shot by police during the incident and transported to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, where he underwent surgery.
A report from the Attorney General's Office and the state police Major Crime Unit pertaining to the officer-involved shooting has not yet been released.
Amazeen was indicted by a Strafford County Superior Court grand jury earlier this month on eight counts of criminal threatening and eight counts of reckless conduct.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 1
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 2
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424