Mascenic Regional High principal won't return
According to interim Superintendent Betsey Cox-Buteau, Courtney will be leaving the district at the end of the school year and won't be coming back. But Cox-Buteau wouldn't say whether Courtney resigned or was terminated.
"It's a personnel matter, so I can't comment on that," she said.
A call to Courtney at the high school on Thursday morning was not returned, and school board member Tara Sousa said she would defer all questions to the superintendent.
The Mascenic Regional School District, which serves the towns of New Ipswich and Greenville, is currently in a state of flux. Long-time New Ipswich school board member Chris Lund, who saw the district through its separation from both Mason and Wilton-Lyndeborough, resigned from the board shortly after the elections in March. And former board chairman Chad Gibson, also of New Ipswich, lost his seat in the election to newcomer James King.
Sousa said the school board has not yet named a chairman and is waiting for a replacement for Lund before a new chair is appointed. In the meantime, she said, Cox-Buteau is acting as spokeswoman for the board.
At the end of last year, Supt. Leo Corriveau left Mascenic for the Monadnock Regional School District and in February, after an extensive search, the board hired Ruthann Goguen of Ashby, Mass., to take the helm of the district. Goguen will be leaving her post as director of the Hill View Montessori School in Haverhill, Mass. and starting at Mascenic on July 1.
In the meantime, the search is on for someone to replace Courtney, and Cox-Buteau said that process will begin soon. The board has not decided whether to hire an outside company to conduct the search, Cox-Buteau said, but she is confident that bringing a new principal for the high school on board will happen quickly.
"We fully expect to have a new principal in place by the start of the new school year," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Before your dog takes a dip in fresh water, learn about toxic algae risks - 0
- Another View -- Yehuda Yaakov: What Israel is up against - 6
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Scaremongering is the left's hobby - 2
- Another View -- Steve Stanek: Impact fees for new homes actually raise property taxes - 6
- John Stossel: Who will build the roads? - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attacking Israel with the big lie -- genocide - 1
- Pat Buchanan: Balkanization beckons - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: The same stuff sells in politics as everywhere - 3
- Another View -- Virginia Postrel: Speech rules turn colleges into no-thought zones - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Business economists say sales, hiring and pay are up - 0
- Market Basket customers gather in Portsmouth to support workers - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 10
- Market Basket workers rally, urged to 'shut it down' until ousted CEO returns - 1
- Man arrested after shots allegedly fired in Mont Vernon - 0
- Rochester gas station robbed; Police: Could be one in string - 0
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 0
- Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal - 11
DWI License Revocations
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility