Home » News » Public Safety
7-year-old cyclist injured after being struck by car
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 4:13 p.m. to the home on Gagne Street, which is near River Street, after a 2005 Honda Accord driven by Cynthia Lewis, 54, of 7a Gagne St. struck the boy who was riding his bike across the end of the driveway.
"A woman was backing up into a driveway when she saw a flash of light," Fire Capt. Mark Avery said, adding the boy was not wearing any protective equipment, such as a helmet or reflective clothing.
Avery said paramedics transported the boy to Frisbie Memorial Hospital.
Sgt. Patrick Emerson said the boy was not riding his bike with a parent or sibling. He was counseled about the proper place to ride his bicycle.
"The proper place for a bicycle would be on the roadway as far to the edge as possible given the circumstances and riding with the flow of traffic," Emerson said.
No charges are forthcoming and the investigation is complete, according to Emerson.
Police encourage all bicyclists to wear helmets and to obey all applicable laws pertaining to the operation of bicycles on the roadway.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads