Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Grafton man identified as deceased in Walpole officer-involved shooting
Authorities identified the man as Larry Albert Bohannon, who was born in 1961, making him 51 or 52 years old.
Dr. Thomas Andrew, the state's chief medical examiner, performed an autopsy on Bohannon's body Saturday, according to the state Attorney General's Office.
"The investigation into the circumstances surrounding his death is continuing and no further information is expected to be released until early next week," the AG's office said in a statement.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Janice Rundles earlier said the man killed was involved in an armed robbery in Bellows Falls, Vt., earlier Friday. The man "was said to have worn a ski mask and carried a handgun," she said. The man fled to New Hampshire and officers from Walpole and Alstead pursued his vehicle.
"At the end of the pursuit, shots were fired and the suspect was killed at the scene," Rundles said.
She said she couldn't comment on whether the man fired at police or whether authorities recovered a handgun. She said the man failed to comply with orders from police.
David Tuttle, who lives next door to the crime scene, said he could hear a chase.
"I could hear sirens. Right here, I heard a screech and then a thud and a few seconds later, some shots and a little bit after that some shots," Tuttle told the New Hampshire Union Leader.
"I'm going to guess there were two groups, each with three or four (shots)," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Activist in chicken suit was warned not to pester Shaheen prior to arrest - 0
- Judge orders prosecutors to disclose more details in Portsmouth bat beating probe - 0
- Former Claremont police dispatcher waives hearing on sexual assault charges - 0
- Some sexual assault charges dismissed against Nashua caretaker - 0
- Dover man indicted in sexual assault of young girl - 0
- Rochester man facing attempted murder charge - 0
- Mother, daughter, man charged in prostitution case in Nashua - 0
- Alleged accomplice of Dover-area burglaries indicted - 0
- Somersworth liquor store robbed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 7
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m
- Total Votes: 917