Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Grafton man identified as deceased in Walpole officer-involved shooting
Authorities identified the man as Larry Albert Bohannon, who was born in 1961, making him 51 or 52 years old.
Dr. Thomas Andrew, the state's chief medical examiner, performed an autopsy on Bohannon's body Saturday, according to the state Attorney General's Office.
"The investigation into the circumstances surrounding his death is continuing and no further information is expected to be released until early next week," the AG's office said in a statement.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Janice Rundles earlier said the man killed was involved in an armed robbery in Bellows Falls, Vt., earlier Friday. The man "was said to have worn a ski mask and carried a handgun," she said. The man fled to New Hampshire and officers from Walpole and Alstead pursued his vehicle.
"At the end of the pursuit, shots were fired and the suspect was killed at the scene," Rundles said.
She said she couldn't comment on whether the man fired at police or whether authorities recovered a handgun. She said the man failed to comply with orders from police.
David Tuttle, who lives next door to the crime scene, said he could hear a chase.
"I could hear sirens. Right here, I heard a screech and then a thud and a few seconds later, some shots and a little bit after that some shots," Tuttle told the New Hampshire Union Leader.
"I'm going to guess there were two groups, each with three or four (shots)," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 29
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 1
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917