Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Grafton man identified as deceased in Walpole officer-involved shooting
Authorities identified the man as Larry Albert Bohannon, who was born in 1961, making him 51 or 52 years old.
Dr. Thomas Andrew, the state's chief medical examiner, performed an autopsy on Bohannon's body Saturday, according to the state Attorney General's Office.
"The investigation into the circumstances surrounding his death is continuing and no further information is expected to be released until early next week," the AG's office said in a statement.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Janice Rundles earlier said the man killed was involved in an armed robbery in Bellows Falls, Vt., earlier Friday. The man "was said to have worn a ski mask and carried a handgun," she said. The man fled to New Hampshire and officers from Walpole and Alstead pursued his vehicle.
"At the end of the pursuit, shots were fired and the suspect was killed at the scene," Rundles said.
She said she couldn't comment on whether the man fired at police or whether authorities recovered a handgun. She said the man failed to comply with orders from police.
David Tuttle, who lives next door to the crime scene, said he could hear a chase.
"I could hear sirens. Right here, I heard a screech and then a thud and a few seconds later, some shots and a little bit after that some shots," Tuttle told the New Hampshire Union Leader.
"I'm going to guess there were two groups, each with three or four (shots)," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus