Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Grafton man identified as deceased in Walpole officer-involved shooting
Authorities identified the man as Larry Albert Bohannon, who was born in 1961, making him 51 or 52 years old.
Dr. Thomas Andrew, the state's chief medical examiner, performed an autopsy on Bohannon's body Saturday, according to the state Attorney General's Office.
"The investigation into the circumstances surrounding his death is continuing and no further information is expected to be released until early next week," the AG's office said in a statement.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Janice Rundles earlier said the man killed was involved in an armed robbery in Bellows Falls, Vt., earlier Friday. The man "was said to have worn a ski mask and carried a handgun," she said. The man fled to New Hampshire and officers from Walpole and Alstead pursued his vehicle.
"At the end of the pursuit, shots were fired and the suspect was killed at the scene," Rundles said.
She said she couldn't comment on whether the man fired at police or whether authorities recovered a handgun. She said the man failed to comply with orders from police.
David Tuttle, who lives next door to the crime scene, said he could hear a chase.
"I could hear sirens. Right here, I heard a screech and then a thud and a few seconds later, some shots and a little bit after that some shots," Tuttle told the New Hampshire Union Leader.
"I'm going to guess there were two groups, each with three or four (shots)," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 3
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 0
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483