Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Franklin motorcyclist charged after chase ends in Tilton crash
Keith McLeod, 32, of 173 West Bow St., is facing "several motor vehicle charges" after the incident at 9:55 p.m. on Laconia Road near an Irving station, according to Police Chief Robert Cormier.
Among the charges he will face are disobeying a police officer and reckless operation, Cormier said.
Police are investigating whether alcohol played a role in McLeod's actions.
The accident occurred after police observed a motorcycle driver operating erratically, Cormier said.
The driver was weaving in and out of lanes, he said, and failed to stop for a traffic signal while he was traveling westbound.
He then went the wrong way on the eastbound side of the road by the Tilt'n Diner at the intersection of Laconia Road and Route 140, he said. As officers tried to stop the driver he sped up and lost control approaching the intersection.
After the crash, the driver got up and started running into a wooded area adjacent to the intersection, but was quickly caught and arrested, Cormier said.
McLeod was taken by ambulance to Concord Hospital for injuries he sustained during the accident, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax