Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Franklin motorcyclist charged after chase ends in Tilton crash
The motorcycle allegedly driven by a Franklin man after an accident in Tilton Friday night. (COURTESY)
Keith McLeod, 32, of 173 West Bow St., is facing "several motor vehicle charges" after the incident at 9:55 p.m. on Laconia Road near an Irving station, according to Police Chief Robert Cormier.
Among the charges he will face are disobeying a police officer and reckless operation, Cormier said.
Police are investigating whether alcohol played a role in McLeod's actions.
The accident occurred after police observed a motorcycle driver operating erratically, Cormier said.
The driver was weaving in and out of lanes, he said, and failed to stop for a traffic signal while he was traveling westbound.
He then went the wrong way on the eastbound side of the road by the Tilt'n Diner at the intersection of Laconia Road and Route 140, he said. As officers tried to stop the driver he sped up and lost control approaching the intersection.
After the crash, the driver got up and started running into a wooded area adjacent to the intersection, but was quickly caught and arrested, Cormier said.
McLeod was taken by ambulance to Concord Hospital for injuries he sustained during the accident, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917