Home » News » Public Safety
Jackson cottage damaged by fire, owner and dog uninjured
According to Captain Anthony Giovanni of the Jackson Fire Department, Joyce Bilger's smoke alarm woke her up around 6 a.m. on Friday, at which point she let her dog out and called for help.
Giovanni said he was the first to get to the house and by then the right-side of the building was fully involved.
Joyce and Don Bilger own Whitney's Inn, which is directly across from the cottage. The cottage is accessed by footbridge over Great Brook and once served as a gift shop. The Bilgers also own the Inn at Jackson.
The scene was cleared sometime after 10 a.m. The fire departments from Bartlett, North Conway, and Redstone assisted the Jackson department. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 2
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 21
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 1
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist