Home » News » Public Safety
Jackson cottage damaged by fire, owner and dog uninjured
According to Captain Anthony Giovanni of the Jackson Fire Department, Joyce Bilger's smoke alarm woke her up around 6 a.m. on Friday, at which point she let her dog out and called for help.
Giovanni said he was the first to get to the house and by then the right-side of the building was fully involved.
Joyce and Don Bilger own Whitney's Inn, which is directly across from the cottage. The cottage is accessed by footbridge over Great Brook and once served as a gift shop. The Bilgers also own the Inn at Jackson.
The scene was cleared sometime after 10 a.m. The fire departments from Bartlett, North Conway, and Redstone assisted the Jackson department. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'