Home » News » Public Safety
UPDATED: Dover man identified in Route 125 Lee crash
The driver of this Subaru was airlifted to a hospital in Boston, Mass., after the car collided with a 98,000-pound crane truck just south of the Lee traffic circle along Route 125 Monday afternoon. (JOHN QUINN/UNION LEADER CORRESPONDENT)
Around 1:15 p.m. Monday, Justin Mills was driving his Subaru north on Route 125 when he crossed the center line and collided with a crane heading south and being driven by Brian Daigle, 24, of New Boston. The crane is owned by American Crane Co. Inc. in Hooksett.
Mills suffered serious injuries and was flown to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. Daigle was not injured in the crash.
The accident, which happened about 1:15 p.m. Monday, is still under investigation.
A third vehicle, a Nissan behind the Subaru, swerved off the road to avoid the collision.
Police said Daigle tried to avoid the crash and, as a result, the crane went across Route 125, down an embankment and crashed into nearby woods.
Route 125 was closed for several hours while emergency personnel removed the wreckage and police investigated.
Lee police and fire were assisted at the scene by New Hampshire State Police and officers from Barrington and Durham. Also at the scene were McGregor Ambulance Co., Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advance Response Team (DHART) and members of the Strafford County Regional Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 2
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over