Home » News » Public Safety
UPDATED: Dover man identified in Route 125 Lee crash
The driver of this Subaru was airlifted to a hospital in Boston, Mass., after the car collided with a 98,000-pound crane truck just south of the Lee traffic circle along Route 125 Monday afternoon. (JOHN QUINN/UNION LEADER CORRESPONDENT)
Around 1:15 p.m. Monday, Justin Mills was driving his Subaru north on Route 125 when he crossed the center line and collided with a crane heading south and being driven by Brian Daigle, 24, of New Boston. The crane is owned by American Crane Co. Inc. in Hooksett.
Mills suffered serious injuries and was flown to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. Daigle was not injured in the crash.
The accident, which happened about 1:15 p.m. Monday, is still under investigation.
A third vehicle, a Nissan behind the Subaru, swerved off the road to avoid the collision.
Police said Daigle tried to avoid the crash and, as a result, the crane went across Route 125, down an embankment and crashed into nearby woods.
Route 125 was closed for several hours while emergency personnel removed the wreckage and police investigated.
Lee police and fire were assisted at the scene by New Hampshire State Police and officers from Barrington and Durham. Also at the scene were McGregor Ambulance Co., Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advance Response Team (DHART) and members of the Strafford County Regional Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 12-hour effort needed to get Mass. hiker off Mt. Adams - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge was local woman - 0
- Woman gets speeding ticket, then crashes into guard rail - 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem