Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Nashua man sentenced for trading cigs for sex with 14-year-old
Judge Jacalyn Colburn said 81-year-old Paul Caya should serve the time at home rather than state prison because of his age.
Prosecutor Dave Tencza had previously said that the Hillsborough County Attorney's Office would recommend a sentence of 3½ to seven years in prison after learning last month that Caya would plead guilty.
The sentence stems from 2011 charges that the then-79-year-old Caya had traded drugs and cigarettes with a 14-year-old girl for sex.
Because he pleaded guilty, his now 16-year-old victim was spared having to testify.
Tencza said that it's possible the victim will still have to testify against Ashley Xiggores, Caya's alleged partner in crime.
Xiggores faces seven counts of criminal liability to another for felonious sexual assault and one count of criminal solicitation to prostitution for allegedly facilitating Caya's sexual activity with the victim.
Xiggores' trial was scheduled to begin this week, but it was postponed.
As part of his sentence, Karrine Brobst, the special assistant Hillsborough Country attorney, said Caya would also have to undergo a sexual offender evaluation, which will be administered by the Department of Corrections.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
- Total Votes: 917