Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Grafton man shot by police had been sought since 2011
Larry A. Bohannon, 51, of Grafton received two concurrent 20-year sentences in 1994 for a kidnapping conviction in Sullivan County and bail-jumping conviction in Cheshire County, Department of Corrections spokesman Jeffrey J. Lyons said Monday.
"He still had an active warrant for being a fugitive from justice. We hadn't seen or heard from him since June 2011," Lyons said.
Bohannon and another man, David Ward, were charged with kidnapping Donald Coull of Claremont on Oct. 18 1993, "to recoup stolen property, reportedly a generator." Coull denied taking the generator. Coull told police he was lured into a pickup truck in Claremont, shackled and driven around for three hours before being released in Bellows Falls, Vt.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Janice Rundles said Saturday that Bohannon was involved in an armed robbery in Bellows Falls, Vt., on Friday in which he "was said to have worn a ski mask and carried a handgun."
Bohannon fled to New Hampshire, with officers from Walpole and Alstead pursuing his vehicle.
"At the end of the pursuit, shots were fired, and the suspect was killed at the scene," Rundles said.
She said she couldn't comment on whether Bohannon fired at police or whether authorities recovered a handgun. She said he failed to comply with orders from police.
Bohannon was first paroled in April 1996, then returned in October that year on a technical parole violation. He remained incarcerated until March 1997. Ten years later, in December 2007, he was arrested again on another technical parole violation; he remained in prison until June 2008. When he failed to meet with his parole officer a month later, a warrant for his arrest was issued on the charge of fugitive from justice.
On Friday, Bohannon died from gunshot wounds to the head, chest and abdomen, authorities said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Littleton man sentenced to prison for crash that injured 4 - 1
- Pelham man arrested in theft of jewelry - 0
- UPDATE: Mass. man wanted for targeting victims through online dating site arrested - 4
- Police suspect same man with small bat robbed Bow store, failed in Goffstown try - 0
- Driver was trying to kill himself - 20
- 2 NH men accused of drug trafficking - 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 3
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 1
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- New health insurer to enter NH marketplace in 2015 - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- AL East looks loaded again in 2014 - 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
Driver was trying to kill himself
Big tipper stops for lunch
2 NH men accused of drug trafficking
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424