Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Grafton man shot by police had been sought since 2011
Larry A. Bohannon, 51, of Grafton received two concurrent 20-year sentences in 1994 for a kidnapping conviction in Sullivan County and bail-jumping conviction in Cheshire County, Department of Corrections spokesman Jeffrey J. Lyons said Monday.
"He still had an active warrant for being a fugitive from justice. We hadn't seen or heard from him since June 2011," Lyons said.
Bohannon and another man, David Ward, were charged with kidnapping Donald Coull of Claremont on Oct. 18 1993, "to recoup stolen property, reportedly a generator." Coull denied taking the generator. Coull told police he was lured into a pickup truck in Claremont, shackled and driven around for three hours before being released in Bellows Falls, Vt.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Janice Rundles said Saturday that Bohannon was involved in an armed robbery in Bellows Falls, Vt., on Friday in which he "was said to have worn a ski mask and carried a handgun."
Bohannon fled to New Hampshire, with officers from Walpole and Alstead pursuing his vehicle.
"At the end of the pursuit, shots were fired, and the suspect was killed at the scene," Rundles said.
She said she couldn't comment on whether Bohannon fired at police or whether authorities recovered a handgun. She said he failed to comply with orders from police.
Bohannon was first paroled in April 1996, then returned in October that year on a technical parole violation. He remained incarcerated until March 1997. Ten years later, in December 2007, he was arrested again on another technical parole violation; he remained in prison until June 2008. When he failed to meet with his parole officer a month later, a warrant for his arrest was issued on the charge of fugitive from justice.
On Friday, Bohannon died from gunshot wounds to the head, chest and abdomen, authorities said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Peterborough man remains free, pending appeal, after conviction on child pornography offenses - 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Man who led Rochester police on chase held on $100K bail - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Mother asks judge for a break in her bail - 1
- Wakefield woman helps track alleged burglars - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen injured in pedestrian/car collision in Hudson - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 4
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 4
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 1
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424