Home » News » Public Safety
Dover man still in critical condition after crash with massive crane
The 37-year-old driver of the Suburu, left, was flown to a Boston hospital after colliding with a crane, which drove into the woods south of the Lee Traffic Circle Monday afternoon. The crash closed Route 125 for several hours. (JOHN QUINN PHOTO)
Police said Justin Mills was driving his Subaru north on Route 125 about 1:15 p.m. Monday when he crossed the road's center line and hit a crane heading south that was being driven by Brian Daigle, 24, of New Boston, about a quarter-mile south of the Lee traffic circle.
Mills was flown to the hospital by a Dartmouth-Hitchcock helicopter.
A spokesman from the hospital confirmed Mills was in critical condition as of Tuesday night.
Police said Mills may not have been wearing his seatbelt, but airbags deployed as a result of the crash. Daigle was not injured even though the crane, which is owned by American Crane Co. Inc. in Hooksett, crashed into the nearby woods on the northbound side of the road.
Route 125 was closed for several hours. The accident is under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain