Home » News » Public Safety
Dover man still in critical condition after crash with massive crane
The 37-year-old driver of the Suburu, left, was flown to a Boston hospital after colliding with a crane, which drove into the woods south of the Lee Traffic Circle Monday afternoon. The crash closed Route 125 for several hours. (JOHN QUINN PHOTO)
Police said Justin Mills was driving his Subaru north on Route 125 about 1:15 p.m. Monday when he crossed the road's center line and hit a crane heading south that was being driven by Brian Daigle, 24, of New Boston, about a quarter-mile south of the Lee traffic circle.
Mills was flown to the hospital by a Dartmouth-Hitchcock helicopter.
A spokesman from the hospital confirmed Mills was in critical condition as of Tuesday night.
Police said Mills may not have been wearing his seatbelt, but airbags deployed as a result of the crash. Daigle was not injured even though the crane, which is owned by American Crane Co. Inc. in Hooksett, crashed into the nearby woods on the northbound side of the road.
Route 125 was closed for several hours. The accident is under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 4
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 4
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof