Hollis-Brookline High School to reopen tomorrow
Susan Hodgdon, superintendent for the Hollis-Brookline Cooperative School District, said the odor became noticeable while students were in class Tuesday, and that it is currently unknown if the odor is toxic or what the source of it is.
Hodgdon said that it is unknown if the school's roughly 850 students will be able to return tomorrow, but technicians have told her the likely culprit is the mechanical system.
She added that the building itself is relatively new and well maintained.
"We're not even at that stage as to our planning and response (if the building is closed long-term). We need to wait to see results of analysis before determining when students return," she said.
She added that the odor is located at various spots throughout the school but is not noticeable throughout the entire school.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
- New schedule feature will provide Nashua students with opportunities - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 3
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 5
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 3
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Workers pulling for ex-Market Basket CEO's buyout bid; rally planned Friday before board meeting
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health