Hollis-Brookline High School to reopen tomorrow
Susan Hodgdon, superintendent for the Hollis-Brookline Cooperative School District, said the odor became noticeable while students were in class Tuesday, and that it is currently unknown if the odor is toxic or what the source of it is.
Hodgdon said that it is unknown if the school's roughly 850 students will be able to return tomorrow, but technicians have told her the likely culprit is the mechanical system.
She added that the building itself is relatively new and well maintained.
"We're not even at that stage as to our planning and response (if the building is closed long-term). We need to wait to see results of analysis before determining when students return," she said.
She added that the odor is located at various spots throughout the school but is not noticeable throughout the entire school.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 10
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it