Hollis-Brookline High School to reopen tomorrow
Susan Hodgdon, superintendent for the Hollis-Brookline Cooperative School District, said the odor became noticeable while students were in class Tuesday, and that it is currently unknown if the odor is toxic or what the source of it is.
Hodgdon said that it is unknown if the school's roughly 850 students will be able to return tomorrow, but technicians have told her the likely culprit is the mechanical system.
She added that the building itself is relatively new and well maintained.
"We're not even at that stage as to our planning and response (if the building is closed long-term). We need to wait to see results of analysis before determining when students return," she said.
She added that the odor is located at various spots throughout the school but is not noticeable throughout the entire school.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Pinkerton: 'No surprises' on first day with additional Hooksett students - 1
- Manchester Youth Leadership Academy will start Sept. 23 - 0
- New school year kicks off in style in Wilton/Lyndeborough - 0
- PSU recognizes 3 professors for their scholarship, service - 0
- Unity Elementary School off to late start - 0
- La. Gov. Jindal files federal lawsuit over Common Core - 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 4
- Construction to begin on Hollis playground - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test