Home » Opinion » Editorials
Treat dispensers: Obama and the Easter Bunny
The Eastery Bunny and President Obama have a lot in common. Both are dressed up characters with a mythology to sell. One plays a creature with magical powers who hops all over the world to deliver sweet treats, free of charge, to everyone who believes in him. The other is a low-wage dude in a rabbit costume.
President Obama thrives on his own myth: that the United States suffers from a shortage of goodies dispensed personally by him. He promises to rectify that by borrowing trillions of dollars to finance his egg-dispensing. Infrastructure funding here, college subsidies there, scientific research over there, with loads of new regulations to fertilize the seeds, and soon, like tulips in spring - bing! - the economy will shoot back to life.
He's put that magical thinking into practice for five years. It has not worked. And yet people still believe him, just as children believe in the Easter Bunny. Eventually, though, children grow up. What's the Obama voter's excuse?
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Stossel: Be thankful for American property rights - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Thomas Sowell: The 'experts' look down on you - 2
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 13
- David Harsanyi: The two-state solution is dead - 2
- Pat Buchanan: A rogue President remakes America - 2
- Another View -- Max Boot: Six steps to a better strategy for defeating ISIS - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Wait, when did we finish talking about Gruber? - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Osgood Road closed in Milford, 33% without power - 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Pat Buchanan: What to make of Ferguson?