Rivier University to present Nashua mayor with honorary degree
International scholar Dr. Philip Altbach and Dr. Jamison Hoff, chair of the Rivier University Board of Trustees, will also receive honorary degrees along with Lozeau.
"Honoring these three individuals represents our commitment to global engagement, the city of Nashua, and the leadership of our University. The power of their collective leadership stands as an inspiration to our faculty and students," said Sister Paula Marie Buley, president of Rivier.
Established as a private Catholic liberal arts college in 1933, Rivier became a university in the summer of 2012. The generally accepted difference between colleges and universities is that colleges tend to focus on offering only undergraduate degrees while universities offer graduate level programs along with undergraduate programs so students can also earn master's degrees and doctrates.
"Our transition to Rivier University provides the opportunity to reintroduce ourselves to the world with a renewed focus on academic distinction, global engagement, and student leadership," said Sister Paula.
Lozeau is being recognized for her leadership of Nashua and to highlight the relationship between the city and Rivier.
"Nashua is our home, and the world is our classroom," Sister Paula said.
Altbach is being honored for his work in international higher education, while Hoff is being honored for her leadership of the board of trustees.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Lower corporate tax rates or lose more firms - 1
- Roger Simon: If Hillary represents an Obama third term, she is doomed - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Parvo scare could be detrimental to puppy training, despite slim risk - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 30
- John Stossel: The other green monster - 2
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 3
- Jonah Goldberg: If the Islamic State is not evil, then what is? - 4
- George Will: Will we build the Navy we need? - 2
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots trade backup QB - 0
- NH police on lookout for drunken drivers - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Bob Smith gets A+ from NH Firearms Coalition - 4
- Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes - 0
- Hiker rescued on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
Amnesty? Garcia is against it
George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward